A Green Lifestyle
A Geodesic Dome Home is a partial-spherical shell comprised of triangular sections, typically constructed using wood struts that are joined together using metal hubs. This triangular construction and spherical form give the dome its superior rigidity and energy efficiency.
Benefits of a Geodesic Dome
- Structurally Shaped - Resilient in the face of disasters
- Energy Efficient - Smaller surface area, higher R-value and natural air circulation
- Environmentally Friendly - Encloses the greatest amount of space with the least amount of building materials
- Reduced construction time - Quick exterior shell assembly
- Unique - Open floor plan with tremendous interior volume